By Francis Watson
Read Online or Download Agape, Eros, Gender: Towards a Pauline Sexual Ethic PDF
Best gender studies books
Anhand ausführlicher Fallstudien arbeitet die Autorin unterschiedliche Bedeutungen physischer Gewaltausübung für weibliche Jugendliche heraus. Dabei werden zwei Gruppen unterschieden. Manche Mädchen üben Gewalt aus, um dadurch einen Gewinn zu erlangen. Sie erleben sich als stark, unabhängig und gerecht, wenn sie Gewalt anwenden.
Rituals have consistently been a spotlight of ethnographies of Melanesia, supplying a floor for very important theorizing in anthropology. this is often very true of the male initiation rituals that till lately have been held in Papua New Guinea. For the main half, those rituals were understood as all-male associations, meant to take care of and legit male domination.
In Andean Bolivia, racial and cultural transformations are so much visibly marked on girls, who frequently nonetheless put on local costume and converse an indigenous language instead of Spanish. during this learn of modernity in Bolivia, Marcia Stephenson explores how the state's hope for a racially and culturally homogenous society has been deployed via pictures of womanhood that advertise the inspiration of an idealized, acculturated woman physique.
Via insightful, high-paced remark this publication directs consciousness south, in the direction of Argentina. present occasions, political debates, and the cultural creation of artists, authors and public figures, together with César Aira, María Moreno, Naty Menstrual and Copi, between others, supply case reviews the place heterosexual social versions are rejected and, in their position, queer frameworks develop into the popular version for residing in a different way.
- La dynamique des sexes au travail: Le pouvoir, l'amour et l'inconscient (Dynamiques d'entreprises) (French Edition)
- Masculinities and the Law: A Multidimensional Approach (Families, Law, and Society)
- Beyond Identity Politics: Feminism, Power and Politics
- Masculinities at School (SAGE Series on Men and Masculinity)
- The Language of Female Leadership
- Women and National Socialism in Postwar German Literature: Gender, Memory, and Subjectivity (Women and Gender in German Studies)
Extra resources for Agape, Eros, Gender: Towards a Pauline Sexual Ethic
Agape, Eros, Gender: Towards a Pauline Sexual Ethic by Francis Watson