By Mely Caballero-Anthony
With the top of the chilly battle, threats to nationwide protection became more and more non-military in nature. concerns equivalent to weather swap, source shortage, infectious illnesses, traditional failures, abnormal migration, drug trafficking, details defense and transnational crime have come to the vanguard. This ebook offers a finished creation to Non-Traditional protection recommendations. It does so by:
- Covering modern protection concerns in depth
- Bringing jointly chapters written by means of specialists in every one area
- Guiding you in the direction of extra fabric to your essays and checks via extra interpreting lists
- Giving precise causes of key concepts
- Testing your knowing via end-of-chapter questions
Edited by way of a number one determine within the box, this is often an authoritative consultant to the major recommendations that you will come upon all through your non-traditional, and environmental, safeguard reviews classes.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
The 1948 United countries common announcement of Human Rights expresses the credo that each one people are created unfastened and equivalent. yet no longer until eventually 1995 did the United international locations claim that women’s rights to be human rights, and convey gender matters into the worldwide area for the 1st time. The subordination of indigenous and minority girls, ethnic detoxing, and the fight for reproductive rights are the most urgent matters dealing with girls world wide.
The Volunteer kingdom performs politics in keeping with its personal specific algorithm. Witness the increase and fall of the misplaced country of Franklin, Tennessee�s first example of secession. Pull again the curtain at the disputed election of 1894 and get the interior scoop at the acerbic editorial cartoons of James Pinckney Alley.
Citizen Killings: Liberalism, country coverage and ethical hazard bargains a flooring breaking systematic method of formulating moral public coverage on all varieties of 'citizen killings', which come with killing in self-defence, abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, euthanasia and killings conducted via inner most army contractors and so-called 'foreign fighters'.
To people who invoke them, rights are strong tools for settling arguments in favour of the right-holders. however the nature, provenance and justification of rights are doubtful and disputed and there are doubts approximately no matter if rights may still play a particular and primary position in ethical and political discourse.
- Enforcing Equality: Congress, the Constitution, and the Protection of Individual Rights
- Living Together After Ethnic Killing: Exploring the Chaim Kaufman Argument
- In Search of Federal Enforcement: The Moral Authority of the Fifteenth Amendment and the Integrity of the Black Ballot, 1870–1965
- Fighting for Foreigners: Immigration and Its Impact on Japanese Democracy
- The Rushdie Fatwa and After: A Lesson to the Circumspect
Extra info for An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach
An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach by Mely Caballero-Anthony