By William A. Edmundson
Read or Download An Introduction to Rights (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law) PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
The 1948 United international locations common assertion of Human Rights expresses the credo that every one people are created unfastened and equivalent. yet now not until eventually 1995 did the United countries claim that women’s rights to be human rights, and produce gender matters into the worldwide area for the 1st time. The subordination of indigenous and minority ladies, ethnic detoxing, and the fight for reproductive rights are probably the most urgent matters dealing with ladies around the globe.
The Volunteer kingdom performs politics in keeping with its personal specific algorithm. Witness the increase and fall of the misplaced kingdom of Franklin, Tennessee�s first example of secession. Pull again the curtain at the disputed election of 1894 and get the interior scoop at the acerbic editorial cartoons of James Pinckney Alley.
Citizen Killings: Liberalism, kingdom coverage and ethical probability bargains a floor breaking systematic method of formulating moral public coverage on all sorts of 'citizen killings', which come with killing in self-defence, abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, euthanasia and killings performed by way of deepest army contractors and so-called 'foreign fighters'.
To those that invoke them, rights are strong tools for settling arguments in favour of the right-holders. however the nature, provenance and justification of rights are doubtful and disputed and there are doubts approximately no matter if rights may still play a particular and primary position in ethical and political discourse.
- The Politics of Public Deliberation: Citizen Engagement and Interest Advocacy
- Forced to Be Good: Why Trade Agreements Boost Human Rights
- The Criminalization of Medicine: America's War on Doctors (Praeger Series on Contemporary Health & Living)
- For Their Own Cause: The 27th United States Colored Troops (Civil War in the North)
- Human Rights and Citizenship Education
- The Power of the Powerless: Citizens Against the State in Central Eastern Europe: Citizens Against the State in Central Eastern Europe
Extra info for An Introduction to Rights (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law)
An Introduction to Rights (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law) by William A. Edmundson